12/19/09

The original Guitar Hero



My first guitar. I was almost 2 years old. I don't know what happened to that one (it had strings AND a little crank-driven music box inside), but I do still have a Yamaha 12-string that hasn't been out of its case in a couple of years and is probably hopelessly out of tune. Maybe one day I'll take it in to be restrung and start playing again.

And maybe I'll turn into a unicorn instead.

Equally likely, at this point.

Merry Christmas, y'all!!

Oh... and just out of curiosity, I dug out a photo of my last "real" Christmas tree -- in my little apartment downtown in 1994. Note the lone Nutcracker in the background - my first. Soooo -- First Nutcracker, Last Live Tree.

2 comments:

equeyaya said...

you actually play guitar? how cool is that? you ARE my hero!

jojo cucina cucina said...

You know how much i love your childhood photos pearl! That's classic and i love how the presents are nearly as tall as you are! and i do love the tinsel. brings back the old time memories of Christmas.

You should definitely start playing again. I don't want to take time to learn how to play, but i do wish i just had the talent already in me to do so. I would love to play guitar!