12/16/09

More Christmas

More photos from Christmas. Still not happy with the night shots, but too lazy to dig out the good camera. This little Nikon serves a purpose (I keep it in my briefcase, and it runs on regular AA batteries) but my Sonys take much better photos. Maybe I'll get inspired and take some artyfarty ones before everything goes back into crates in the garage.


The first thing that I set up each year is, of course, the Advent Wreath. When I was younger, it served as a neat countdown to Christmas day (and goodies.) Now it's more a call to focus and reset myself amidst the tumult.





Then comes the tree, which I posted earlier. Here it is all lit up and magical and stuff.





This year, since the big tree is in the living room, and our living is mostly accomplished in the family room, I incorporated a small tree-let in my Santa display back there.




I have 3 seperate collections -- Santas, Nutcrackers and Snowmen. The first two come out every year no matter what, and are ever expanding. The Snowmen often fall victim to my desire to not put more out than I'm willing to put up.






I still go to the Hawaii Ballet production of the Nutcracker -- a scrumptious one at that -- at least every third year. Not annually, though. Seems to lose it's magic if I see it too often. One of these years I'm going to see the Sendak production of it in Seattle.

Wish you could come see this stuff in person...I just baked spiced fruit drops, and made Black Forest bites too. And Kona coffee. Or eggnog, with a little Cap'n Morgan if you like.



Oh -- and this one's for Deb.

3 comments:

jojo cucina cucina said...

i wish i could just come over and see it too!

LOL....I have to ask, when decorating and finally getting tired of putting it all out, is it ALWAYS the Snowmen who are the left out? (Are Snowmen lower class than Nutcrackers?)

I love your Santa display and your tree is indeed magical. You look like you have a thousand lights and a thousand ornaments on it. of course the best one is Deb's shoe tree!

equeyaya said...

Like.

Especially the shoe tree.

IslandPearl said...

Yes, jo. It's always the snowmen get left in the boxes. Must be my sub-tropical lack of affinity for all things snow.