Nothing to say -- just clearing off the holiday post. I can't stand to leave decorations up past the holiday in question. Just looks pathetic.This was taken a couple of years ago, on a tour round the leeward coast up past Makaha with some friends from Australia. The big white golf ball is a radar outpost. I just liked the contrast.
2 comments:
cool photo! i thought perhaps it's in honor of the full moon!
Thanks...the moon was really gorgeous for Halloween. I didn't go out and howl at it though.
I've always thought that the dome looks like a giant's golf ball teed up there on the ridgeline.
There's an even bigger floating one that comes into Pearl Harbor for maintenance work. The first time I saw that one, I was cresting a hill on my drive home. It startled me so much I almost put the car in a ditch!
Now when it's out 'working' I find I actually miss it. Movable landmarks...
Post a Comment