
There's something poetic about a sunset. May be something poetic about sunrise, too. I don't see enough of them to know. But everyone...and I mean everyone...stopped their activity to watch. I like the pause reflected in this picture. Seems as though they realize it's time to pack up and go for the day, but don't really want to leave.
I took this on our way from Saturday evening mass at St Augustines on Waikiki to dinner at Seafood Village (opakapa in black bean/ginger sauce and sizzling shrimp satay), the night before my 15th Komen Race for the Cure.
We have started using the race as an excuse to play tourist for a weekend on Waikiki. We do this largely for the same reason that I do the race each year -- because we CAN. For me, it is a celebration of life. For us, it's a celebration of our life in paradise.
3 comments:
Stunning. I love that you celebrate. I get sucked in to sunrise and sunset, too. There's just something life affirming about the rhythm of the earth's rotation.
It's not lost on either of us that some people save for a lifetime to see what we can see for the cost of a gallon of gas.
And some only dream of it.
As we say - 'lucky live Hawaii'
That is frameable, pearl
Post a Comment