9/4/09


Our Scotland branch has gotten into the house-swapping thing for vacations. This is the pool for the house that they had for 2 weeks this summer, just north of LA.
The house itself is lovely, but the backyard was exceptional. On the side of a hill, they managed to capitolize on the slopes and view beautifully.

6 comments:

equeyaya said...

wow. i could spend the whole vacation right there in that peaceful place!

IslandPearl said...

With 5 kids (aged 3-9) and 5 adults splashing around, the "peace" is implied only. I caught the photo whilst everyone was out of the pool having a snack.

The view and atmosphere was amazing, though. Our backyard is miniature by comparison, but we are working on creating that atmosphere. The waterfall is a start. I'd post a picture, but it doesn't photograph as lovely as it is. Maybe if I could figure out how to post a video clip it would do it better justice.

equeyaya said...

photos never do. i know that it is lovely, though. something about water. we're going to cloe the pool this week. even though i was only in it about 3 times this year, i'm always sad to see the cover go on.

equeyaya said...

cloSe the pool. :o

jojo cucina cucina said...

Oh, that looks so beautiful! Funny how Zen like pools look when kids are not cannonballing into them and yelling "Marco Polo!". Our pool is directly outside of our condo door. That's nice most times because kids happy voices make me happy, but sometimes i live for the 4 pm hour when it's peaceful if i am reading on the patio.

I haven't been to our condo pool much either this summer, but i'm always sad when i see the cover go on it too, Barbara.

Eugen Caitaz said...

Aloha IslandPearl!!!Really, it's looks so interesting! I want to ask you-"you live in Honolulu???"