I love lighthouses. There's just something kind of romantic about them.
Near my hometown is the Ponce Inlet - a particularly treacherous passage -- and the lighthouse there has fascinated me since childhood.
They've done a terrific job of maintaining it and turning it into a really interesting museum of the history of that part of Florida and the life of the lighthouse keepers and their families.
If you're interested, their website is http://www.ponceinlet.org/
And yes, I have climbed to the top, but not in a long, long time.
5 comments:
that's a pretty one. glad you're home!
i climbed to the top of the cabo polonia lighthouse in uruguay in november... it was quite a workout!
Wouldn't it be cool to do a workout on the stairs of a lighthouse? (I mean, of course, once you got in shape for it.) It would be so much better than a treadmill or regular stairmaster.
Only problem is that running up is a great workout, but coming back down is MURDER on your knees.
not to mention the shinsplints!
OH this is funny. You know those squiggly words - they are called captchas (I only know that because i have Ariana Huffington's book on how to blog) ...anyway this time it says rebrag. Something i often do when drinking wine. LOL.
I love lighthouses! I saw Old Point when I was in San Diego and it was so cool.
There are books are how to blog? I gotta check that out lol!
Love the pic, pearl
:)
Post a Comment